The orthocenter of a triangle is the intersection of the altitudes of the triangle. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to construct this orthocenter.
1. To start the triangle, first create a point by tapping the canvas.
2. Choose the Line Tool and drag from the point to create a line.
3. Repeat this process to finish the triangle.
4. We need to link this shape so it registers as a triangle. Tap and hold in a blank area, then drag in a circle to select the triangle. Tap one of the figures to show the menu, then tap Link.
5. To construct the altitudes, tap and hold on one of the points, then tap Info in the menu. You should see a menu like this:
6. Tap the altitude item to construct the altitude.
7. Repeat these steps to construct altitudes for the other points. If you have Shows Intersections turned on in the Canvas Settings, you should see the orthocenter already.
8. Tap the intersection with the default pencil selected to create the orthocenter. You can now move the vertices of the triangle, and the orthocenter will update in real time.
Please leave a comment if you have any questions!